- Bike or walk on the paved Gitchi Gami Bike Trail along HWY 61 and through the parks
- Canoe in the BWCA
- Cross Country Ski on Sugar Bush Trail on Sawtooth Mountains
- Downhill Ski at Lutsen Mountains
- Fish, Hunt and Rock Collect
- Golf at 27 Hole Superior National in Lutsen
- Hike and Explore area Parks and Trails
- Ride the Lutsen Mountains Gondola and Alpine Slide
- Snowmobile on Northshore, Tomahawk and Gunflint Trail System
- Use Fire Pit on Property for Cooking Brats and Smores
- Visit Grand Portage Fort and National Monument
Whether on the Shore or in the Boreal Forest, enchanting views of spectacular rocky gorges, cascading waterfalls, cobblestone beaches and abundant wildlife becken your presence.
Endless opportunities to hike and explore area parks, rivers and trails including Temperance River & Park, Caribou River, Cross River, Carlton Peak, Sugarloaf Cove, Tettegouche Park, Baptism River, Split Rock Lighthouse, Palisade Head and Superior Hiking Trail.
The paved Gitchi Gami State Trail from Schroeder to Tofte continuing to the Onion River is a favorite for families looking for smoother biking and walking. The Gitchi Gami Trail goes through the woods and over a bridge on the Temperance River Gorge which offers a great view of the river.
A short drive up any forest road will take you to dozens of inland lakes, or to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.